Thursday, February 16, 2012

Everyone's depressed

I know I just did a "bright side of things" post, but the theme seems to be popular.  In the last week, two of the blogs that I follow have blogged sad-themed posts.  One of them was my mom's blog.  The post was called winter blahs edition.  It's about beating those blahs and finding what's not "blah"-ish about it .  The other was from Hyperbole and a Half, called Adventures in Depression.  Her post was more about general, inexplicable sadness, but I suspect that the timing of the post also has something to do with the time of year.    Although the weather here in California is nicer than it is at home, it actually gets chilly, believe it or not.  Personally, when I get cold, I feel more trapped because I'm stuck inside (or more specifically, in bed) and I don't want to move.

There's something called Seasonal Affective Disorder (a.k.a. SAD) that people get around this time of year.  As to what it does, I think the name speaks for itself.  I'm skeptical about it, but I guess it's accepted as a real disorder.  To me, it seems like people making an excuse for why the dismal weather makes them sad.  It's okay for bad weather to make you feel bad!  You don't need an excuse!  But despite my cynicism, I know that blahh feeling that isn't really coming from anywhere.

I guess that's all I have to say on the matter.  Well, it's not really, but I don't think it's worth beating to a pulp.  Strive to be happy.

Sorry today's blog was boring.  I'll write something more interesting next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment